Wiley is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join its Human Resources Department. Interested applicants should use the following link to apply:
The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support and coordinates activities in support of the Human Resources Department. This role will have primary responsibility for maintaining employee files, entering and updating data in the HRIS system, assisting with all aspects of new employee onboarding and orientation, providing general administrative support, and working with Human Resources team members on various projects and initiatives. The Human Resources Assistant will also assist with recruiting efforts for open staff positions.
This position is responsible for handling inquiries from all levels of firm personnel and routinely handles highly confidential and sensitive information, which require a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and discretion.
- Performs customer service functions by responding to requests and questions from all levels of firm personnel
- Handle confidential and sensitive employee and/or firm information with discretion
- Assists with processing of employee status changes, including new hires, terminations, transfers and promotions
- Processes wage garnishment and child support notices
- Provides administrative support for the annual performance evaluation process for professional staff, including but not limited to creating spreadsheets and entering data, coordinating meetings, preparing and collecting documents, and scanning documents into the HRIS
- Coordinates new employee onboarding, including scheduling orientation, preparing new hire binders and packets and processing personnel and tax forms, and working with other administrative departments to facilitate the on-boarding process
- Processes I-9 documentation for new hires via E-Verify and maintains forms, ensuring that the records are current and accurate
- Conducts orientation for new hires
- Assists with professional staff recruitment, including posting positions to the firm website and external job boards, reviewing applications and screening candidates, administering assessments, tracking candidate status and scheduling interviews, and extending job offers
- Submits online background investigation requests for new employees and conducts reference checks
- Prepares reports generated from HRIS system to support submission of firm data for salary surveys
- Assists with filing documents into appropriate employee files
- Runs and distributes reports as appropriate, such as the monthly Personnel Roster, etc.
- Assist in wellness-related activities
- Works on other Human Resources related projects and initiatives as assigned
- Provides general administrative and clerical support for Human Resources team members, including drafting corresponding, scheduling meetings, contacting vendors, processing invoices, preparing paper or electronic binders, making photocopies, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree required
- Minimum two (2) years of related Human Resources and/or office administrative experience
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services firm strongly preferred
- Prior experience with full lifecycle recruiting a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both in oral and written form
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to see tasks through from inception to completion
- Must possess a growth mindset and display high levels of emotional intelligence
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to build relationships, credibility and trust across all levels of firm leadership
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate deadlines and track progress of tasks
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to type 45 wpm
- Must demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness commensurate to handling confidential and sensitive information and materials
- Familiarity with human resources databases strongly preferred, including ADP and viDesktop
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis
- Position operates in a professional office environment which is usually quiet to moderate
- Position requires that the employee have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- This position is primarily a sedentary position. However, some duties and responsibilities may require the individual to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, occasionally move about to access office equipment, file cabinets, etc.
- May need to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
***This Organization Participates in E-Verify.
Kathryn L. Fettrow[Regular Members] @ Jan 26, 2021 - 09:26 AM (America/Eastern)