Intellectual property law firm, Hauptman Ham LLP is looking for a Docket Clerk to join its docketing team.
Hauptman Ham is committed to providing the highest quality services to both US and non-US clients. We offer a relaxed environment, competitive salaries and generous benefits. Teleworking is possible.
The IP Docket Clerk provides essential and specialized client and attorney support relating to the docketing and deadline maintenance of all phases of domestic and foreign trademark and patent prosecutions, from pre-filing to final maintenance of issued trademarks and patents.
This role works as part of a docketing team that provides assistance where needed. This role is deadline driven and requires high attention-to-detail, efficiency, flexibility, accommodation of changing priorities and teamwork!
The IP Docket Clerk supports the firms U.S. and foreign practice groups. The position reports to the Docketing Manager and may be called on to help the Firm Administrator.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Key responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Docket new trademark and patent matter filings, incoming office actions, and correspondence from the PTO, PCT, and Foreign Associates;
- Run customized docket reports for trademark and patent cases on a daily basis and other specified intervals;
- Timely opening of new client matters in our docketing systems; and
- Review and clear U.S. and international trademark and patent dockets on a daily basis.
Qualified candidates have demonstrated:
- Pattern of consistent, accurate, attention to detail and quality work product;
- Application of practice specific knowledge and skills, both substantive and procedural;
- Problem solving skills, (the ability to analyze problems and identify solutions.)
High school education required.
Minimum three years of IP law firm docketing experience required. Experienced in working with Microsoft Office Suite. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills required. Must demonstrate professionalism, courtesy, cooperation, respect for others and relationship-building skills.
Special Skills and Knowledge
An understanding of the USPTO patent process is required. Familiarity with PATTSY Wave and First-to-File a plus.
Mikel Smith Koon, SHRM-SCP
HAUPTMAN HAM, LLP