Miles & Stockbridge, P.C., an AmLaw 200 law firm based in the Mid-Atlantic Region, seeks an experienced Legal Recruiting Manager for either the Washington, D.C. or Baltimore, MD office.
GENERAL POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Legal Recruiting Manager will report directly to the Director of Recruitment & Professional Development and will oversee all aspects of the recruiting and hiring of non-principal lateral lawyers, entry level associates and summer associates for all firm offices. The Legal Recruiting Manager will also assist the Director of Recruitment & Professional Development as needed with principal and other lateral hiring assignments and with non-principal professional development efforts. In addition, this position will assist with organizing internal and external recruiting events and collecting and maintaining recruitment statistics.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all aspects of the recruiting and hiring of non-principal lateral lawyers, entry-level associates, and summer associates for all firm offices, including:
- Meeting with and responding to requests from various attorneys (Office Managing Principals, Practice Group Leaders, etc.) and departments to identify department or office hiring needs,
- Supporting the interviewing and hiring process by drafting job ads, sourcing candidates, tracking applicants/candidates, maintaining applicant tracking systems/recruiting databases (LawCruit, Symplicity, Law Connect), screening applicant resumes, scheduling interviews, updating candidate data, drafting offers and tracking responses, coordinating the processing of conflicts and background checks, and
- Preparing and coordinating the onboarding process and logistics, including drafting new hire memorandums, working with various internal departments to prepare for new hire arrival, updating internal documents and other essential internal communications
- Develop and manage the Summer Associate Program, including but not limited to: registration with on-campus programs and on-campus interviews (OCI) including organizing all on-campus materials (including marketing materials and resume packets); maintaining/updating on-campus recruiting calendar; confirming on-campus related activities; scheduling call-back interviews with students. Maintain relationships with various law school career development contacts; pre-onboarding communication, preparation of arrival materials and planning and execution of orientation, coordinating and attending on-site and offsite events and trainings, entering and assigning projects and maintaining the assignment portal, coordinating mid and end of summer evaluations, and monitoring program expenses.
- Assist and support the firm’s Professional Development initiatives for non-principals, including end of year evaluations, mentor program projects, and coordinating professional development/ Miles University events.
- Engage in administrative duties such as generating correspondence; creating/updating forms and various documents (contact list, charts, calendars, budget spreadsheets, etc.); maintaining department calendar and files, process reimbursements and payment of all fees relating to recruiting, memberships, travel, etc.; maintaining supplies and marketing materials; responding to and preparing NALP and related surveys.
- Build and maintain relationships with external search firms/recruiters, draft fee agreements with outside recruiting agencies and keep apprised of market trends.
- Provide assistance and support as needed to the Director of Recruitment & Professional Development with principal and other lateral hiring assignments.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in recruiting role (internal or external professional services / law firm recruiting preferred)
- Ability to maintain high level of confidential information
- Experience in working with recruiting databases
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely and effectively with all levels of firm and department personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve, use sound judgement and discretion
- Strong customer service orientation with a positive and professional demeanor
- Works well under pressure and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Miles & Stockbridge is a leading law firm with 220 lawyers and seven offices across Maryland and in Virginia and Washington, D.C. The firm is committed to cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All resumes will be held in the strictest confidence and should be sent to [login to unmask email] with “Recruiting Manager” in the subject line. No search firms please.