McDermott Will & Emery LLP is a leading international law firm with a diversified business practice representing commercial, industrial and financial enterprises both publicly and privately held. The Firm has a long history of social responsibility and supporting the communities in which our people live and work.
The Washington, DC office is seeking a Legal Secretary to provide administrative support tasks for a team of attorneys within the Tax Practice Group. This role will handle a high volume of calendar management, scheduling, and travel.
As a Legal Secretary, you will:
- Coordinate meeting logistics
- Prepare client bills and related forms; involved in collections responsibilities
- Edit, proofread, and redline documents and correspondence for accuracy, grammar and formatting
- Update and maintain Excel spreadsheets
- Organize and maintain attorney contacts and calendars, including travel logistics and scheduling for the team
- Open new client matters and coordinate process
- Screen incoming calls
- Manage attorney time entry
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files in accordance with Firm records retention policies
- High school diploma
- College degree preferred but not required
- At least two (2) years of related work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
- Knowledge of General Ledger expense coding practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to maintain and handle confidential information
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Apply online at www.mwe.com or use this link Legal Secretary @ McDermott.