McDermott Will & Emery LLP is a leading international law firm with a diversified business practice representing commercial, industrial and financial enterprises both publicly and privately held. The Firm has a long history of social responsibility and supporting the communities in which our people live and work.
The Receptionist is responsible for answering and directing all incoming telephone calls, taking messages as appropriate, greeting office visitors and maintaining the lobby and reception area in a professional manner. The Receptionist maintains contact with the office’s attorneys, staff, clients, and other guests and maintains confidentiality of client and Firm matters. The work hours are 10:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
As a Receptionist, you will:
- Operate a multi-line telephone console to relay incoming, outgoing, and intra-system calls, including long distance and international calls
- Record and deliver messages in a timely manner for all Firm personnel
- Greet all Firm visitors, including clients, attorneys, applicants, and maintenance/repair persons and direct visitors to the appropriate attorney or staff member in accordance with Firm policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate listing of all visitors and ensure visitor names are promptly entered in building security database
- Schedule conference rooms and coordinate all necessary arrangements for catering, audio-visual, security and other requests through the Meeting Center application and assist other personnel with using the application
- Answer Firm visitor’s questions
- Assign visiting attorney offices and send out daily announcement
- Follow standard security policies and procedures in coordination with building security
- Maintain professional appearance of lobby and reception area
- High school diploma
- At least two (2) years of related work experience
- Knowledge of switchboard operation and procedures for handling conference and long distance and international calls
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate in a friendly, approachable, and customer service oriented fashion by phone and with visitors, providing information with professionalism
Applicants should apply online at www.mwe.com.