King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Service Center Assistant to join our Office Services Department in the Washington, DC office. The department offers the opportunity for a mid-level Service Center Assistant to join an innovative and collaborative team focused on supporting lawyers and clients and producing a high-quality work product. The Service Center Assistant will also work closely with the Facilities team and will report to the Office Services Supervisor.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plans, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing, on-site gym access, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Programming copy equipment, handling tab insertions, tri-folds, and other miscellaneous functions using high-volume Xerox equipment;
- Formatting documents using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as PDF documents received via email;
- Producing high-quality copying and binding services to the firm;
- Maintaining machines, including minor machine maintenance as well as routine machine checks to ensure that machines are in good working order;
- Transmitting courier information via telephone and computer with clear and concise information;
- Sorting mail, weighing and preparing packages for mailing or shipping, and providing necessary information to the customers about postal regulations and the physical delivery and/or pickup of mail;
- Providing tracking information on packages shipped via overnight courier.
Successful candidates are detail oriented, efficient, and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to problem solve and communicate with all levels of personnel. Candidates are required to have a high school diploma and a minimum of 12 months of customer service-related job experience.
Candidates must be able to stand for at least two hours at a time and be able to lift at least 35 pounds. Candidates must be available to work 9:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday-Friday and have flexibility for overtime as needed.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 21 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply, please visit https://jobs.jobvite.com/kslaw/job/o2uPbfwg