Van Ness Feldman, LLP a nationally recognized law firm in the practice areas of energy, environment, litigation, land use, real estate, government relations, healthcare and Native American affairs with offices in Washington D.C., Seattle, and the San Francisco Bay area, seeks a Billing Specialist to work in the firm’s Washington, DC office.
The Billing Specialist will be the liaison between their assigned attorneys and the Billing Department by completing billing, accounts receivables, and collections. This position requires excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, detail oriented and strong organizational skills. This position will also submit invoices through various e-billing vendors and monitor e-bill client accounts to ensure the client invoices are accurate and successfully submitted in a timely manner.
The Billing Specialist will:
- Collaborate with Attorneys/Director of Billing to ensure complex billing arrangements, including multi-payer and delayed split billing, volume discounts, and alternative fee arrangements are followed prior to finalizing invoices.
- Facilitate the preparation and submission of budgets for specified matters and provide variance analysis to attorneys as requested.
- Coordinate and prepare the monthly distribution of pre-bills to partners for review and revisions.
- Monitor the completion of suggested revisions and finalization of invoices.
- Analyze invoices to ensure compliance with Firm policies and client guidelines
- Generate Work in Progress, Accounts Receivable, and On-Account reports. Also, track assigned attorneys’ inventories.
- Complete ad hoc billing requests as requested by attorneys.
- Research aging Work In Progress and Accounts Receivable balances and provide attorneys with thoughtful analysis regarding best course of action for balances.
- Review accounts receivables for collections and unallocated cash.
- Occasionally handle client refund requests.
- Make corrections to time entries in Work In Progress, as needed.
- Ability to identify any issues/problems with billing assignments.
- Review client guidelines and work closely with the Billing Specialists and the Billing Partners Team to ensure compliance with billing guidelines and proper set up of matters; ensuring matters, rates, timekeepers and budgets are in place for e-billing prior to invoice submission.
- Work closely with the Accounting Department to communicate special circumstances and status of resubmissions.
- Work closely with Billing Attorneys and secretarial staff to resolve issues with rejected invoices.
- Monitor external e-billing websites for invoice updates.
- Complete monthly filing of billing information.
The candidate must have a high school diploma and at least three years of billing experience at a law firm. The candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Aderant experience is preferred, but not required.
The position is non-exempt. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, 401(k), and pension plan. EOE.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by clicking here https://VanNessFeldman.viglobalcloud.com/viRecruitSelfApply/ReDefault.aspx?FilterREID=3&FilterJobCategoryID=11&FilterJobID=29