We are seeking an experienced leader to manage and oversee the daily operations of the McGuireWoods Tysons office. The position is a blend of human resources, operations, administration, facilities, events and hospitality and requires the ability to comfortably wear several hats and adapt to changing priorities and demands with little or no notice. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact on the organization for a professional dedicated to providing top notch services and maintaining an environment in which staff and lawyers can thrive. Candidates who apply should demonstrate exceptional energy, commitment to service excellence, and leadership in growing the value of support staff in client relationships.
- Responsible for all office operational functions with an emphasis on practice assistants (administrative assistants) and support staff management, including personnel alignment, performance, evaluations, interviewing, and policy administration
- Plan and conduct regular staff meetings and office events including client and business development events and charitable-related activities
- Oversee facility upkeep; serve as liaison with local property management and work with building personnel and appropriate internal contacts
- Conduct new hire orientation and assess staff training needs
- Assist in budget preparation and forecasting; report on monthly variances
- Maintain office security protocol and ensure office meets proper business continuity obligations of the firm
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years working in a management role in a midsize or larger professional services firm and/or branch office.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Proven leadership abilities, advanced skills in management, communication, and organization
- Sound judgment and effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment
- Excellent problem solving and follow-through skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office