The Attorney Support Assistant - PROS will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As an Attorney Support Assistant, you will contribute your expertise to duties of a confidential nature for a designated group of associates, paralegals, counsel, and partners (together with the Team Leader or Coordinator, to be called client within this job description). The Attorney Support Assistant - PROS maintains positive contact with both internal and external clients as well as other personnel at all times.
Your responsibilities as an Attorney Support Assistant - PROS will include these and other critical functions:
- Providing a high level of customer service to internal and external clients
- Proactively keeping abreast of firm resources, contacts and subject matter experts to provide alternative solutions when a request cannot be fulfilled via the designated Attorney Support team or center or can be fulfilled more efficiently through an alternative resource
- Receiving assignments from clients and performing tasks as requested; updating clients regarding receipt and status of tasks/projects and consistently meeting agreed upon deadlines
- Coordinating and arranging meetings and conference calls; may order meals, refreshments, and equipment as requested
- Entering time and reviewing time entries in Intapp
- Educating timekeepers about appropriate time entry requirements and standards
- Assisting with special projects when necessary
- Entering all assigned service requests into the ServiceNow ticketing system and monitoring tickets from open to close status ensuring all service level agreements are met
- Managing client communications as requested (e.g., understands client preferences with regards to answering the phone/taking messages/using voice mail, instant messenger, responding to e-mail, processing postal mail, setting up video conferences, etc.)
- Researching information as requested by clients
- Utilizing programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to create materials as requested, i.e., closing-related materials
- Printing, scanning, organizing, transcribing, and distributing documents upon request, and/or coordinating with Williams Lea to arrange for copying, custom reprographics/binding, and messenger service
- Proofreading and making revisions to legal documents as directed
- Creating, maintaining, and distributing meeting materials for client matters per client specifications
- Maintaining client contacts and working group lists
- Working with client to bill external clients and contact external clients or internal clients as appropriate and/or collaborating with billing mentors as applicable
- Coordinating travel and providing updates concerning mail and phone messages during client time out of the office while traveling
- Reviewing, processing, and auditing expense reports, vendor bills, and check requests
- Providing comprehensive support functions for clients including, but not limited to, calendar management, personal work, training, center overflow
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers
- Participating in 360 degree feedback to ensure team excellence
As an Attorney Support Assistant - PROS, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Attorney Support Assistant - PROS candidate must have well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact and communicate effectively with clients and staff at all organizational levels of the firm; ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment with a customer service focus; ability to work with staff and manage attorney expectations; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion; organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines; knowledge and understanding of typical work processes performed daily in an office environment; advanced attention to detail and ability to create accurate work product; knowledge of Chrome River, Outlook, Cisco Phone, Intapp, Elite 3E, Interwoven, InterAction, Event Management System, and specific technology as assigned; knowledge and proficiency in PC applications required, including MS Office. A bachelor’s degree is preferred along with prior professional experience in a legal or professional services environment.
If interested, please send resume to: [login to unmask email] with "Attorney Support Assistant" in the subject line.