McDermott Will & Emery LLP is a leading international law firm with a diversified business practice representing commercial, industrial and financial enterprises both publicly and privately held. The Firm has a long history of social responsibility and supporting the communities in which our people live and work.
The Intellectual Property (IP) Specialist - Trademark provides support to attorneys in rendering legal services to clients. This position assists in all procedural and substantive matters regarding trademark.
As an Intellectual Property (IP) Specialist - Trademark, you will:
- Prepare new trademark applications and other trademark prosecution documents for filing at appropriate patent and trademark offices overseas, including gathering all necessary information from clients re same and monitoring and maintaining applications through issuance
- Communicate with attorneys, as well as clients, local government agencies, embassies, and U.S. State Department officials regarding preparing and processing all paperwork necessary during pendency of patent applications
- Communicate with foreign associates on initial filing requests and other correspondence during the prosecution of foreign applications
- Prepare reports for clients regarding pending trademark applications and granted trademark; oversee accuracy and necessary follow-up on daily docket entries; maintain patent portfolios with supervising attorneys
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate preferred
- At least seven (7) years related work experience
- Experience with oppositions, cancellations, copyright, interferences and diligence required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Knowledge of international IP legal databases
- Knowledge of docketing software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong client service skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
See below link to apply.