Title: HR Manager
Company: Palmer Legal Services
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Direct Hire
Job Description: Plans and carries out policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties personally or through supervisors.
- Recommend local office staffing needs and manage the recruitment and selection of support staff.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude.
- Coordinates the local office benefits administration including communication and distribution of related forms.
- Establishes the attorney, paralegal/legal secretarial assignments.
- Proposes programs and procedures relating to the effective utilization of support staff resources.
- Supervises non-legal support staff either directly or through subordinate supervisors regarding personnel issues and decisions.
- Investigates work related accidents and prepares reports.
- Coordinates the support staff performance evaluation program.
- Recommends annual salary increases and bonuses for support staff in conjunction with approved budget.
- Manages the personnel recordkeeping function such as hires, changes of status, attendance records, payroll records, performance evaluations and terminations.
- Approves leave of absence requests and monitors the PTO schedule to ensure office staffing needs.
- Coordinates compliance with federal regulations pertaining to ADA, EEO, FMLA, OSHA and FLSA. Maintains a current knowledge of applicable laws, rulings and regulations and recommends appropriate changes in office practices.
- Manages Leave of Absences and communicates with employees regarding status. Coordinates LOA in conjunction with Short Term Disability and FMLA leave. Completes and submits forms to Firmwide.
- Screens professional staff resumes and maintains data base of same for future reference. Initiates background and conflict check for all candidates to determine eligibility.
- Conducts staff exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Assists the Office Administrator with formulating and instituting office procedures.
- Coordinates health screening events, flu shots, and EAP (Employee Assistance Program) events in the Houston office.
- Assists in coordination of special projects as requested, including, but not limited to the annual Staff Appreciation event and Fall/Summer office events.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience; equivalent combination of education, training and experience may substitute for education requirement. A minimum of 5 years supervisory experience with the skills necessary to organize, coordinate and supervise staff. Professional and or legal services experience highly desirable.
How To Apply: Please respond to Stephanie Schliftman at [login to unmask email] with your resume for your consideration. We welcome all candidates that meet the REQUIRED qualifications with recent relevant experience. Palmer Legal Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
About Us: Palmer is an award winning staffing agency offering direct hire, temp-to-hire, and temporary placements for administrative, management, executive, legal and more. We represent more than 500 of the finest law firms and legal departments in the DC area.
Palmer Google reviews = 4.7 stars, visit online to see what other Palmer candidates have to say about us. You are more than just a “number”!
Visit www.plsdc.com and view our job board, contact a recruiter, link to our Facebook and LinkedIn pages.