Become a member of a highly dedicated administrative team that delivers impeccable and sophisticated professional services to internal and external clients.
Beveridge & Diamond (B&D), a leading environmental law firm, seeks a proactive, detail-oriented and well organized Legal Administrative Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to the firm’s Chairman and other attorneys. This position requires experience in large volume client billing, coordinating multiple schedules, arranging meeting and speaking engagements, and supporting the firm’s budget management process. B&D will value your ability to work on multiple projects while maintaining effective and courteous communication with senior level internal and external clients, staff and peers. Supporting team members of our secretarial team, as well as reception desk coverage when needed is a very important team work component in this role.
- Serve as the liaison between the Chairman and internal and external stakeholders.
- Schedule meetings, make travel arrangements, monitor e-mails, arrange conference calls and anticipate next steps for projects. Inform attorneys of commitments and prepare necessary materials.
- Enter attorneys’ time into the Firm’s accounting system, review entries made into InTapp Time system and prepare expense reports. Maintain time entry deadlines and coordinate the timely submission of attorney hours.
- Coordinate with other legal administrative assistants on bills managed by other attorneys. Print pro-forma client bills. Review, edit, and correct bills in draft form as generated by the billing system (Elite).
- Reconcile monthly Visa bill for assigned attorneys. Process expense reports and obtain Firm checks or petty cash as required.
- Receive, screen and transfer/forward telephone calls. Provide messages to the appropriate individuals. Open and promptly distribute incoming mail. Date stamp if requested. Check out-box periodically throughout the day and process materials appropriately. Arrange for the appropriate delivery of documents through the mail, overnight delivery or messenger services. Transmit faxes. Perform and/or outsource photocopy, bindery, scanning, and printing tasks as needed.
- Maintain tickler system and follow up on requests made by attorneys, paralegals, and clients.
- Set up and maintain client files, including electronic files in iManage. Coordinate transfer of inactive or closed files to Records Coordinator or offsite storage facilities. Maintain computerized index of all files in the Firm’s standard format.
- Maintain high volume attorney contacts in the InterAction client relationship management system, including entering a significant number of new contacts and performing updates.
- Process and format Word and Excel documents, using prescribed Firm formats. Includes comparisons, conversions, merges, creation of tables of contents/authorities, etc. Perform processes associated with court services, including filing, requesting transcripts and litigation searching. Prepare basic documents in PowerPoint as needed. Assist attorneys with PowerPoint presentations, including basic graphic enhancements (e.g., SmartArt, graphs/charts, inserting images from Firm pre-licensed image library).
- Proofread all documents (both draft and final) to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation and syntax as well as conformance to Firm formats.
- Ensure all documents are properly saved to appropriate workspaces within the document management system. Verify tasks are completed, check for accuracy and ensure that the appropriate metadata cleansing has been applied.
- Prepare correspondence for attorney review.
- Provide relief at the reception desk when necessary.
- Provide overflow services as requested by Human Resources or other team members.
- Be available to work overtime in the evening or weekends as requested.
- Participate as an active member of the secretarial team and support fellow team members as needed.
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned.
- College graduate with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Senior level legal administrative experience in a law firm environment.
- Proficiency in Elite, MS Office, Excel, Adobe Suite and PowerPoint are required.
- Ability to be intuitive, operate with discretion and exercise good judgement.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), analytic and problem-solving skills.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular person. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For more information or to apply, please email Melody Watson, Human Resources Director.