Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, an award winning Best Place to Work six years in a row, national law firm seeks an innovative and highly motivated Manager of Legal Recruiting and Professional Personnel. The Manager is responsible for overseeing the DC Office legal recruiting & hiring process; diversity and inclusion initiatives and professional training and development programs.
- Work closely with the Lateral Partner Search Committee, Practice Group Leaders, Office Managing Partner, and Director of Administration to develop strategic hiring initiatives with respect to lateral attorney recruiting and practice group acquisitions for the DC office.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with legal search consultants and schedule regular meetings with them.
- In conjunction with the Director of Diversity and Inclusion, develop innovative recruiting initiatives to attract and retain diverse talent.
- Manage all legal recruiting functions from initial candidate interview, through the offer stage and onboarding and integration phase of the hiring process.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to incorporate lateral attorney hiring as part of the annual Practice Group Business Plan Review process.
- Oversee and implement the DC Office summer program including planning and attending events, coordinating mentor program and assisting with the work assignment process.
- Manage HR & Recruiting Coordinator to update legal recruiting databases, candidate files and other related projects as required.
New Attorney Onboarding & Integration
- Manage offer approval process with Attorney Recruiting Committee while determining offer terms and other related items.
- Manage conflict clearance and background check process for all timekeepers. Identify and elevate potential issues and report results to partners and firm management.
- Process the new hire workflows into the HRIS system for all timekeepers.
- Responsible for onboarding and integration of all timekeepers. Collaborate with User Education Support to regularly evaluate and update best practices to improve the onboarding and integration process.
Attorney Development & Training
- In conjunction with the NY office, support the firm’s CLE programming including logistics, application and coordination of CLE activities.
- Serve as a resource to attorneys and other timekeepers to develop and identify appropriate professional development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain firm’s mentor program for timekeepers.
- Manage and administer the annual associate/timekeepers performance evaluation and compensation process and bonus program.
- Maintain annual state bar renewals and professional organization dues.
- Work closely with Associate Liaison Committee, Office Managing Partner, and Director of Administration to develop and implement work-life initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Director of Diversity and Inclusion on DC Office diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
- Create agenda and schedule quarterly Women of KDW meetings
- Conduct exit interviews with all timekeepers. Track attorney retention data and report results to senior leadership.
- Assist with the administration of the Firm’s Pro Bono Program.
- Responsible for department budget; monitor and control expenditures in compliance with budget.
- Liaison with the benefits department in all matter related to FMLA, Disability and Parental Leave for all timekeepers.
- Assist with the coordination of the DC Office initiatives including Top Workplace, Wellness in the Workplace, Annual DC Office Business Meeting and other firm events.
- Provide direction and coaching to members of the recruiting and legal professional team.
- Minimum of 5 years of recruiting and professional development experience in a law firm. 3+ years of management experience in a recruiting position required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices, inside and outside of the legal industry.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to work in a fast-paces environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; Ability to confidently and comfortably lead meetings and communicate with the Office Managing Partner, Hiring Partner & Practice Group Leaders.
- Prior experience with applicant tracking systems preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues at all organization levels.
Kelley Drye & Warren LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.