The Marketing & Business Development (MBD) Coordinator will support and facilitate marketing and business development projects and activities across the country. Candidate should be highly motivated with an attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. The Coordinator will be expected to take ownership of assignments, multi-task and prioritize among competing deadlines, and provide exceptional customer service to team and internal clients. The Coordinator will organize day-to-day activities with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, team-based environment and have interest in being a contributing member of the team while expanding their knowledge and skill set around marketing communications and business development.
The Coordinator will support the Regional MBD Manager in driving the business development and marketing activities for the Boston and Washington, D.C. offices, as well as for practice groups and industries.
- Coordinate national events including briefings, receptions, and seminars. Ensure event logistics are well-coordinated and on budget. Staff events and other, as needed.
- Proposal and pitch support. Draft templates and working documents; assist with creating presentations to clients; package marketing materials, including collateral.
- Knowledge management. Assist in the collection of representative experience and the maintenance of experience lists. Conduct research on industries, companies, clients, and prospects.
- Maintain local office brochure inventory; coordinate distribution of client materials and attorney requests, including brochures, white papers, etc.
- Assist attorneys with biography updates, sponsorship, and league tables. Cover other day-to-day marketing responsibilities as needed.
- Industry group management for assigned groups. Creates monthly meeting agendas, coordinates logistics, and actively manages follow up tasks and projects.Serves as liaison to other administrative areas (finance, IT) in managing follow up tasks.
- Some travel required.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- A minimum of two years' experience in marketing or related field
- Ability to coordinate tasks and communicate effectively with department colleagues.
- Superior organizational and project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks, adapt to rapidly shifting priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstration of initiative in creating solution-oriented improvements to existing processes, procedures and practices.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial, team-based culture and support and promote an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.Knowledge of Interaction, Qorus Breeze or another proposal software, Tikit or iManage a plus.