King & Spalding seeks a Business Development (BD) Coordinator to provide support related to new business and marketing strategy and initiatives, pitches and RFPs, marketing materials, events, competitive intelligence research, marketing operations, and other business development and marketing activities as required for the Government Matters practice group. The Government Matters practice group consists of ten award-winning teams handling high-profile matters that make headlines: Special Matters & Government Investigations, International Trade, Data, Privacy & Security, Antitrust, Energy Regulatory, Environmental, Health & Safety, Government Advocacy & Public Policy, Securities Regulation & Enforcement, FDA & Life Sciences, and Healthcare.
The Business Development Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Overall Strategy – Contribute to strategic planning for the Government Matters practice and individual team business development plans
- Client targeting - Support client targeting efforts including client teams within Government Matters and those that span across other practice groups.
- Marketing Materials – Create and maintain marketing materials including fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, placemats, and other tailored materials.
- Client Alerts/Newsletters – Assist with the development and coordination of client alerts and newsletters, including the GvtM Newsletter
- Experience Lists – Gather and centralize experience lists for use in pitches, proposals, submissions and other materials.
- Pitches/RFPs – Assist with and, at times lead, pitches and RFPs, as needed; gather relevant materials and oversee final production of electronic and hardcopy deliverables to meet deadlines; maintain pitch/RFP files, log in pitch tracking system, and obtain outcome updates.
- Event Support/Coordination – Provide support for K&S-hosted events including coordinate development of invitations, other types of content, and event materials with the branding team and the marketing technology team; track follow-up activities of partners after events.
- Conference Sponsorships – Provide support for sponsorships and coordinate all activities involved with sponsorship commitments.
- Directory and Award Submissions – Use LexTrac to coordinate and help compile submissions related to legal directories and awards
- Tracking/Reporting –Track partner BD-related activities
- Research – Conduct research on a variety of topics including prospective and current clients, competitors and industry and market trends to aid in the development of client teams, pitches, RFP responses, and other internal and external marketing initiatives.
Candidates must possess exemplary interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, excellent attention to detail, the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and the ability to incorporate feedback into their performance. Due to the highly sensitive nature of many of our matters, the candidate must be able to be discreet and maintain confidentiality. Basic knowledge of marketing and business development-related activities is required. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint. Adobe InDesign, Interaction and Vuture experience desirable, but not required. 1-2 years of relevant professional experience strongly preferred.
Ashley Squires McCabe[Regular Members] @ Aug 09, 2019 - 12:57 PM (America/Eastern)