Three Crowns was founded in 2014 by specialist international arbitration advocates in the belief that international disputes call for focused advice and advocacy. The firm engages primarily in complex, high-value disputes, and counts among its clients many industry leaders and sovereign states. The firm has grown significantly in each of its offices—London, Paris, and Washington, DC—and now comprises 13 partners and approximately 80 employees.
As part of its growth, the firm now seeks to hire an enthusiastic and experienced Business Development and Marketing Manager who is looking to progress their career. As the only full-time business development and marketing role within the firm, this individual would have significant responsibility and autonomy.
- Work closely with firm leadership to define the firm’s BD and marketing strategy with advice and research on prospective and existing clients, local counsel in target markets, competitor activity and market trends.
- Manage the firm’s participation in pitches, bid management, contributing to the progression of new business opportunities and driving action around the preparation for and follow up to marketing activities with a view to closing new business.
- Manage external events including client entertainment, seminars, round-tables and other sales opportunities at various international locations.
- Manage internal events such as the firm wide retreat, partner retreats, ensuring internal support is used.
- Create and manage budgets for BD, marketing, and event-planning activities within firm.
- Keep partnership informed of firm-wide BD/marketing efforts with regular updates to ensure BD plans are coordinated at a global level.
- Prepare news descriptions and other copy for website, as well as LinkedIn updates.
- Identify potential PR/press opportunities based on firm hires, initiatives, and successes.
- Manage client database and, in due course, manage the roll out of the firm’s new CRM system.
- Serve as the firm’s point-of-contact on event invitations.
Key Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Significant BD and international arbitration experience gained within a disputes team of a leading law firm.
- Experience developing and implementing business and marketing plans, including budgeting.
- Experience working collaboratively with law firm partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong commercial instincts.
- Strong academics.
- Proven client facing skills.
- Able to prioritise and multi-task particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Initiative and proactivity.
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus.