We have a great opportunity for a Law Firm Office Administrator with our Washington D.C. Office. We are one of the nation's premier Healthcare law and consulting firms known for quality and extraordinary commitment to clients & integrated, relationship-based services. We are notably progressive and entrepreneurial and are deeply committed to diversity, public service, and excellence in all we do. The office is 110 people total, (70 attorneys/consultants). This position will manage the overall office operations of the D.C. office. It will report to our Chief HRO and will work closely with the office administrative partner and firm administrative management. As a member of the firm's administrative management team, the Office Administrator manages and/or contributes significantly to the management of the following: recruitment, training and development of staff, risk management, quality control, organizational development, firm planning processes, secretarial supervision, standards and other general management functions. Please forward resumes to NancyBookchin @ gmail.com for consideration.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Human Resource Management: Includes supervising office administrative team members, recruiting, selection, orientation, training and development, performance evaluations, salary administration, employee relations, motivation, counseling, disciplining, discharging, benefits administration, workers' compensation, job design, resource allocation and other human resource management functions for the secretarial, paralegal and administrative support staff.
- Facilities and Office Services Management: Including space planning and design, purchasing, inventory control, security, building systems, copy, records storage, reception/switchboard services, equipment leases, subtenant leases, housekeeping, catering, mail, messenger and other facilities and office services management functions.
- Financial Management: Budgeting for office operations and employee relations, overseeing office accounts payables and office trust accounts, and other financial management functions as needed.
- Other Management: Working with the information technology and library management teams, records management, office automation and other systems management functions. Assists with special projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Minimum 7 years professional services management experience. Hands-on large law firm management strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognized college or university with major course work in business administration or management, finance, human resources, technology or marketing.
- Must have point on experience managing business operations such as human resources, technology, facilities,
- 4-5 years of Human Resources knowledge and experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to identify and analyze complex issues and problems in management areas and be able to recommend and implement solutions.
- Ability to manage office functions in an economically efficient manner. Must also have very strong organizational skills and understand how to establish priorities.
- Must have dynamic interpersonal skills and the presence to partner with all attorney and consulting professionals. Must also be able to maintain good interpersonal relations and communications with lawyers, consulting professionals, support staff and other peer managers/directors throughout the organization.
- Must display excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Should demonstrate a willingness and ability to train subordinate staff and delegate appropriately.
- Law firm management experience highly preferred.
- Must have strong written/verbal communication skills and good presentation/Facilitation skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Jessica Davis[ALA Staff and Administrators] @ Jul 11, 2019 - 04:11 PM (America/Eastern)