The ALA Capital Chapter Foundation has been granting college scholarships since its inception. In 2003 the Scholarship Program was re-named the Toni K. Allen Scholarship Program in memory of one of the founding members of the Foundation. The Scholarship Program is funded by the Capital Chapter Foundation and is managed by the Chapter’s Vice President and Vice President-Elect of Community Services. Eligible DC Public/Charter School and DC homeschooled students may apply to win a $15,000 scholarship. The Foundation may choose to award additional scholarships in varying amounts based on available funds. Beyond financial support, the scholarship program also assigns an ALACC member or business partner to be his/her mentor throughout college. Many recipients have asserted that the mentoring experience was the most beneficial outcome of winning the scholarship.
Ways to Support the Scholarship:
- Try your luck in the 50/50 raffles at the February and May Quarterly Networking Lunches
- Purchase a copy of the Event Planning Guide eBook - all proceeds benefit the scholarship fund
- Make a pledge at the July Quarterly Networking Lunch and Scholarship Celebration
- Place a bid in the Silent Auction at the Networking Happy Hour in November
- Make a purchase on Amazon.com using our unique AmazonSmile link
For Capital Chapter Members and Business Partners:
- Learn more about the benefits of mentorship!
- Apply to become a Toni K. Allen Scholarship Recipient Mentor!
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or (202) 794-1232.