To apply for the Billing Coordinator position, please visit: https://legalrecruiting.wiley.law/viDesktopEx/viRecruitSelfApply/ReDefault.aspx?FilterREID=14
The Billing Coordinator will prepare client invoices on a monthly basis. The Billing Coordinator’s responsibilities will include: acting as a liaison between the billing attorneys (and their assigned administrative assistants) and the accounting department, compiling and distributing monthly prebills, preparing invoices according to the clients outside counsel guidelines, providing quality control checks, mailing and/or transmitting invoices electronically.
When preparing invoices, the Billing Coordinator will be expected to identify and adhere to the clients/attorneys billing instructions, such as, special rates, fee discounts, application of credits, billing deadlines etc. Administrative tasks will include: assisting with preparing standardize reports, working with assigned billing assistants to provide guidance with reports and trouble-shooting billing requests, providing support with the annual rate reports and updating the firm database/electronic billing sites to reflect changes. The Billing Coordinator will also maintain contact with the Billing/Responsible attorneys and administrative assistants regarding the status of invoices, rate increases, and will respond to basic billing and payment history inquiries.
- Assist with monthly distribution of Billing Information Memorandums (Prebills) and other billing reports
- Review and edit billing memorandums in response to attorney and secretary requests
- Prepare and transmit final invoices
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney
- Process write-offs, in accordance with Firm policies
- Transmit e-Bills if invoices are billed electronically
- Review and update timekeeper billing rates
- Update listing of unpaid invoices on the statements of account that accompany invoices prior to mailing client invoices
- Respond to auditor’s requests for back-up
- Execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills)
- Interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and management and billing staff
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems
- Assist with preparing accruals and A/R reports
- Assists with special projects as needed
- Position operates in a professional office environment which is usually quiet to moderate
- Position requires that the employee have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- This position is primarily a sedentary position. However, some duties and responsibilities are required which would require the applicant to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, occasionally move about to access office equipment, file cabinets, etc.
- Ability to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both in oral and written form
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize/coordinate deadlines and track progress of tasks
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships in or out of a team environment
- Ability to provide responsive and efficient administrative support
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Resourceful problem solving and ability to create and implement effective procedures
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and Outlook
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative
- Familiar with industry standard billing procedures and policies
- Utilizes computerized billing and receivable applications to perform duties and responsibilities
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, and 10-key calculator
- Understands and adopts the organizational structure
- Possesses the attitude of collaboration and sharing
- Willingness to learn and adopt new methodologies
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College level accounting classes or Accounting Degree
- Accounting experience preferred
- This description outlines the basic requirements of this position. It is not intended to be a complete description as other duties may be assigned.
**Wiley is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence, diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
***This Organization Participates in E-Verify. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants and may not limit or influence the choice of documents you present for use on the Form I-9.