Company Overview: Robbins, Russell, Englert, Orseck, Untereiner & Sauber LLP is a litigation boutique that provides focused, efficient, and hands-on representation in high-stakes legal matters. Our practice concentrates on trial litigation, Supreme Court and general appellate litigation, government investigations and enforcement proceedings.
We value joy in work and professional growth. We offer a flexible but consistent work schedule together with excellent benefits. Collegial atmosphere with a strong emphasis on teamwork.
2000 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
Robbins Russell seeks an Accounting Specialist to work directly with the Accounting Coordinator. The ideal candidate is someone who is energetic, extremely attentive to detail, creative, a team player, and has education related to and/or experience with accounting functions. This person will provide support to major financial accounting areas, including the accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger accounting, and account reconciliation.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Function as the Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Processes all payables including, but not limited to review, code and post invoices.
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of vendor invoices and expense reports.
- Investigates and resolves payment and coding issues.
- Communicates and facilitates resolution of problem invoices and/or expense reports.
- Handles and QCs monthly check runs.
- Researches and responds to partner and vendor inquiries.
- Reconciles firm credit card statements.
- Responsible for assessing and processing of DC Sales and Use Tax as well as staying abreast of changes and/or updates to code.
- Assist with client accruals
- Assist with new matter intake.
- Assist with correcting journal entries.
- Responsible for W-9 tracking and 1099s at year-end.
- Assist with preparation for monthly billing.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as requested.Interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries and management and staff.
- Job Requirements:
- Candidates should have a college degree and office experience, preferably in a law firm.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and extremely comfortable learning new software.
- Solid Excel experience required. Must know how to filter, subtotal and use simple formulas.
- Experience with or exposure to DC Sales & Use tax preferred.
- Accounting education and/or experience required. Experience with Rippe & Kingston is greatly desired, but not required.
- Experience with reconciling invoices according to client mandates.
- Must understand basic accounting principles.
Exceptional organizational and communication skills with strong attention to detail. Should be honest, personable and have a sense of humor. Must be able to work independently, and maintain accuracy in every aspect of the job, as well as multitask. Mathematical aptitude. High level of quality consciousness. Understands confidentiality and displays good judgment. Prior e-billing experience and knowledge of accounting programs a plus!
Robbins Russell is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap or disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or veteran status. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a congenial work environment. We conduct criminal background checks of all individuals offered employment.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.