Human Resources Coordinator – Washington, DC Office
With a reputation for innovation, Cadwalader is an international law firm with a strong presence in the United States and Europe, and over 225 years of experience in serving clients in the global financial services, investment management and corporate sectors.
The Human Resources Coordinator works closely with the Office Administrator to support the day to day Human Resource and Administrative needs of the DC Office.
Human Resources Function
- Coordinates staff hiring process by posting jobs and/or coordinating with staffing agencies, reviewing applicant resumes and maintaining a spreadsheet tracking applicants, conducting initial screening of applicants and coordinating interviews with appropriate supervisory staff/attorneys.
- Prepares paperwork required to place employee on payroll and establishes personnel file.
- Provides orientation training for new employees on HR/Benefits related information and coordinates all staff onboarding procedures.
- Coordinates office reception and secretarial coverage when necessary.
- Participates in staff performance evaluation meetings.
- Processes personnel action forms and assures proper approvals; disseminates approved forms.
- Prepares source documentation needed for new hires, or effective changes in pay, status, or benefits.
- Ensures employee files and records are up-to-date by handling changes in employee status in timely manner.
- Carries out staff exit interviews and coordinates all employee off-boarding procedures.
- Reviews and approves biweekly timesheets and overtime and submits overtime to Payroll department; Tracks timesheet submissions to ensure all non-exempt employees are up to date on timesheet submission.
- Maintains Google alerts for current legal alumni and departing attorneys; updates Interaction Legal Alumni contact information as appropriate; sends birthday emails to Legal Alumni.
- Maintains list of monthly parkers and coordinates with Payroll and Accounts Payable departments to ensure appropriate payments and payroll deductions
- Fields employee relations matters in coordination with the Office Administrator and HR Director to ensure timely resolution of issues.
Office Administration Function
- Provides orientation training for new employees on office/building-related information (i.e. access to building, information on after-hours HVAC services, etc.).
- Maintains office key fob accesses.
- Assists in the coordination of office build-out construction functions.
- Plans special office events (i.e. staff appreciation, office socials, holiday party, etc.).
- Assists in answering phone calls and taking messages.
- Track Office Administrator expenses and reimbursements and prepare payment requests.
- Performs various other administrative duties as assigned or required.
- Reviews all requests for payment for approval by Office Administrator.
- Coordinates with vendors regarding invoice payments.
- Prepares petty cash disbursements.
- Responsible for bank runs to ensure cash is available for office use.
- Batch petty cash reimbursement forms for repayment into account.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least two years’ related Human Resources experiences required.
- Must be highly organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Must have the ability to multi-task and maintain a sense of urgency
- Must have a professional demeanor
- Must be able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must.
To apply, please send resumes to : [login to unmask email]