King & Spalding is currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to join the Washington, DC office. This individual will provide HR support for both Washington, DC and Chicago, IL personnel. This role offers the opportunity for motivated individuals to join an innovative and collaborate environment focused on providing the highest quality of services.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plans, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with and provide assistance to the Associate Director of HR & Administration and the HR Generalist in a wide variety of areas including recruitment, onboarding, benefits administration support, employee relations, and DC office programming.
- Ensure confidentiality of all Human Resources issues as well as individual employee and Firm matters.
- Assist with the recruitment and hiring process for Business Services positions, including evaluating applicant resumes; coordinating phone screens and interview schedules; posting open positions to targeted job sites; and utilizing the applicant tracking system (Jobvite) to both generate email correspondences and track applicant status updates.
- Coordinate conflicts checks, reference checks, and background checks as part of the onboarding/pre-hire credentialing process for direct hire positions, as well as temporary project attorney staffing efforts.
- Assist with new hire onboarding, ranging from preparing onboarding materials to scheduling orientation sessions to processing and submitting new hire paperwork.
- Maintain confidential employee personnel records and update employee information in the firm’s HRIS (UltiPro) for both DC and Chicago personnel.
- Work in conjunction with the HR Generalist to discretely, promptly, and accurately answer day-to-day employee questions based on firm policies and practices; coordinate with other Business Services teams (locally and firm-wide) as needed.
- Prepare all termination paperwork and checklists; serve as a back-up for conducting exit interviews for DC and Chicago Business Services team members.
- Assist with organizing and executing various office-wide programming, including, but not limited to: Staff Appreciation Week; the annual Health Fair; the annual Flu Shot Clinic; Services Awards and Medallion Club Luncheons, retirement receptions, and other employee engagement-focused efforts. Photograph and save pictures of the events and assist with drafting the Kingpen (firm-wide newsletter) articles for submission.
- Assist the Associate Director and Generalist with other ad hoc projects and tasks as needed.
Successful candidates must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills (both written and oral) to effectively support and represent the HR Department. Candidates must have the ability to multitask and demonstrate superior prioritization skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure in the team’s fast paced environment, while maintaining good perspective on the larger picture/impact. Candidates must exercise discretion and good judgment daily, particularly when handling confidential and/or sensitive employee information. Candidates must be able to work with a high degree of independence and must have the ability to work overtime in the evening and/or on weekends when necessary.
Candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of prior work experience in a law firm or similar environment. Previous HR-related experience preferred.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 20 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.