Dykema Gossett PLLC, a leading national law firm, is recruiting for a Billing Coordinator in our Washington, DC office. The Billing Coordinator works closely with an assigned group of attorneys to facilitate client billing and collection activities according to established guidelines and attorney requests. Responds to inquiries relating to billing, payment and collection of client accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews prebills for accuracy and adherence to the firm’s client financial management policies. Performs edits, text changes, and transfers, preparing copies for billing attorneys’ review. Meets with billing attorney to discuss final invoice preparations.
- Processes prebills and generates related invoices. Proofs invoices for format and compliance with client billing guidelines, alerting appropriate parties and initiating problem resolution where appropriate.
- Develops and maintains appropriate reports including electronic spreadsheets, charts, etc. to accompany client invoices.
- Organizes and maintains billing files and in some instances collection files for each client account, implementing additional recordkeeping methods to increase efficiency when appropriate.
- Submits billings electronically to clients through 3rd party databases when applicable.
- Reviews and submits new business intake submissions for accuracy and maintains the integrity of the client/matter masters within the time and billing system.
- Performs additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Associates Degree in Accounting or related field preferred, or a comparable level of training such as that which may be acquired through additional work experience.
- Minimum three years' work-related experience required, preferably in a law firm or corporate service environment; collection experience preferred.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills required, as well as excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Must be adept at client relations and self-managing.
- Competency in computer software such as word processing, spreadsheet, communications, and automated billing systems, preferably Elite or Aderant.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including tuition reimbursement and transportation assistance.
Dykema offers a great work environment.
To apply for this position click on the link below: