To Apply: https://www.seyfarth.com/staff
The IG Clerk, under the direct supervision of the Northeast Region Records Manager, will perform a variety of records management duties and handle requests from attorneys, paralegals, secretaries and all administrative staff. The IG Clerk provides support with the centralized management of physical and electronic records in compliance with the Firm’s established information governance policies and procedures. This position applies a hands-on IG and risk management approach to operational services covering the creation, maintenance, storage, retrieval, retention and disposition of client files throughout their lifecycle with a strong focus on effectively meeting the organizational needs of our in-house customers, clients and overall ethical obligations of the Firm.
- Data entry, preparation, and filing of Firm information. File organization duties include detailed and interdependent assembly, indexing and quality assurance tasks
- Floor assistance as requested; organizing client information and data for projects throughout the office, both in physical and electronic format
- Work within and maintain the automated records management database system, currently LegalKEY and DMS (FileSite)
- Interface with all Firm personnel including IT and other Firm administrative departments
- Follow standard operating procedures to classify, store, track and transfer records.File hard copy legal documents and electronic media into new and/or existing files; handle file creations, expansions and process customers’ requests vetted through the Firm’s records management database
- Handle the updating of files and upkeep of depository areas throughout the office (i.e. central file room, cabinet drawers, attorney offices, etc.)
- Prepare files/boxes for off-site storage; retrieve closed files/boxes from off-site storage in response to requests or for updating purposes
- Process internal file transfers to other branch offices and assist with outbound permanent file transfers in response to clients’ directives; provide support with inbound file transfers and conversions for new lateral partner hires
- Provide support to team members’ projects and duties where needed
- Participate in special projects such as file reorganization, conversions and shifting in the records department
- Work overtime as required; and
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Northeast Region Records Manager, National Records Manager and/or Office Administrator and in support of Firm initiatives
- High School diploma or equivalent.College coursework is desirable.
- A minimum of two years of records experience in a law firm is preferred, experience with electronic records preferred.
- Records experience in a law firm environment preferred.
- Strong computer and database skills including working knowledge of document scanning process; knowledge of LegalKEY, iManage iRM and DMS (FileSite) preferred.
- Organization, attention to detail and problem solving skills required.
- Strong customer service orientation and effective communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work in order to meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to use good judgement, work well under pressure and be flexible to a changing work environment.
- Must be capable ofstanding for extended periods of time and moving throughout the office.
- Must be able to lift boxes weighing approximately 30 pounds, shift files in order to accommodate expansions, push a heavy cart, and use the freight elevator on a regular basis.