Contagious Leadership: The Art of Transitioning from Manager to Leader
Thursday, August 24th
11:30-12:30 registration and lunch
555 13th St. NW
Washington, DC 20004
The first 20 attendees will receive an autographed copy of Contagious Leadership
Contagious Leadership™ focuses on just how much what a leader says, does, thinks, believes, and how he or she behaves…rubs off on those he or she leads. In this engaging course, not only will you learn how you are contagious, but what that means, and how to spread your skills and the right message, to those team members you have the privilege of leading. Using a proven ten step process for leadership development, Contagious Leadership™ will focus on your development and transition from mere management, in three parts: being you, leading you, and leading others. Each section will include actionable steps that will elevate your skills and reduce your frustration. Based on the book Contagious Leadership by Monica Wofford, this powerful leadership session is appropriate for both new and seasoned leaders, small and large practice administrators, those who have been promoted, but not prepared, and even those who simply wish that those they lead would just do their job!\
- Learn to engage employees quickly with rapport and respect
- Improve your communication AND your perspective
- Identify and use the four types of praise and four personalities
- Understand how to ask for help and how to learn from mistakes
- Identify and prevent burn out, bad habits and unnecessary micromanagement
- To be out of your seats, audience size permitting, working on real world leadership skills that will improve your influence, career longevity, and ability to make rapid progress with extensive buy in throughout your organization.
Presenter: Monica Wofford. Monica brings more than 25 years of speaking and training experience and has earned the professional designation of CSP, Certified Speaking Professional, an honor obtained by less than 10% of the speaking profession. She is the author of Contagious Leadership and has successfully led teams and employees in both a corporate setting and in her own business for twenty-two years.
CLM Certification: 90 minutes in Human Resources Management (HR) for Functional Specialists applying for the exam, as long as the subject area is outside their area of specialty.
CLM Recertification: 90 minutes in Human Resources Management (HR)